BEECH POWER final conference successfully concluded
30th of March 2022
To enhance the management quality and effectiveness of the UNESCO World Heritage Beech Forests by building capacities for stakeholder involvement and anchoring the World Heritage in the region – this was the main objective of the BEECH POWER project, funded by the Interreg CENTRAL EUROPE Programme. The closing conference was organised on the 29th March, marking the conclusion to a long-time commitment, which started in April 2019 and formally ends on 31st March 2022.
The development of several strategic tools along with the organization of workshops, trainings and exchanges document the relevance and creative force of the work of the BEECH POWER partnership: empowering World Heritage Beech Forest Communities, strengthening the processes of community development and the steps necessary for real change. Various materials accessible on the project website showcase the experiences accumulated and exchanged by the partners and the joint achievements.
The organisers thank everyone for joining the conference! You can find the conference minutes, including the results of an interactive survey exercise here.
For more information, you can access the project presentations here:
- Opening and keynote presentation by Marcus Waldherr (Eberswalde University of Sustainable Development)
- WPT1 - Empowering World Heritage Beech Communities for ecosystem-based sustainable development by Maren Michaelsen (City of Angermünde)
- WPT2 - Sustainable buffer zone management around World Heritage Beech Forests in Slovenia by Miha Varga (Slovenia Forest Service)
- WPT2 - Sustainable buffer zone management around World Heritage Beech Forests in Slovakia by Ivor Rizman (National Forest Centre SK)
- WPT2 - Sustainable buffer zone management around World Heritage Beech Forests in Austria by Angelika Stückler (Kalkalpen National Park)
- WPT3 - Quality Management of World Heritage Beech Forests by Marcus Waldherr (Eberswalde University of Sustainable Development)
- WPC - Three years in the life of BEECH POWER - Work Package Communication by Hanna Öllös (European Wilderness Society)