Preliminary Results from the Sloping Elevator Pilot in Cuneo, Italy

With the project slowly entering its last three month period, the first results of the pilot sites are coming in. The testing phase of the Cuneo pilot action on the sloping elevator lasted from October to November 2021, a period characterized by many cloudy days. However the monitoring showed interesting results: during sunny days, the energy produced by the renewable system reached 74 % of the total energy need of the elevator. On average, in the testing month, 21 % of the energy required by the system was produced by the PV/storage system while the remaining 79 % was bought from the public grid. The expected savings in economic terms are equal to about 2.000 €/year while the CO2 emissions will be reduced of 5,5 tons/year

moment cuneo vid